Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunshine on a Sunday!

It has been a fabulous weekend! the sun has been out all weekend with only one little rain shower! Yesterday I spent the entire day sitting in my room working on the 3 papers that I have due tomorrow. But I got all of that and the reading for tomorrow done yesterday so today I have been just relaxing.

This morning I went to the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin. It was very different than anything I had ever been to before. The service was very formal you receive the what I viewed as a script when you get to the church and you basically just follow along with the leaders and do what the thing tells you to do. There was a baptism this morning as well of an infant which was also very different for me, the whole service was focused on the baptism and it was cool to see. The sermon was all about the pros and why some people believe in infant baptism. Then there was communion in which you go to the front. It was a one cup church and they used real wine, I am going to have to get used to that.

After church I ate lunch and came upstairs and was just relaxing, I did my laundry today and am happy to have clean clothes. I have 9@9 tonight and am ready to see every one that I have not seen all weekend. Hope you all had blessed weekends!

No comments: