Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Beauregard (1998-2008)

Just under ten years ago, when I was ten years old, my family moved from Denver to Oklahoma City. My parents had promised my brother and I that the first major mission after we moved would be to get a dog. My mom and I had gone one day to pick out the perfect basset hound from a family, however when we got there they were no where to be found. I was not very happy I wanted a dog. The next day my parents told us they were going to a meeting and they would be home later. When they got home the said "T'auna come here we have a surprise" I walked out of my room and running towards me, ears dragging the floor came Beauregard.
I had this dog for ten years, ten years of him running and jumping on me when I came in the door, ten years of cleaning up the trash after its been drug around the room. The dog was stubborn and had some issues but I loved him. On Monday my parents took him to put him down he had cancer and I am glad that he is not suffering him. But going home will not be the same with out him greating me at the door.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I love you, T. I'm so sorry that you lost your friend.

He was a lucky dog to live with such a wonderful family :D